Got questions about volunteering with PAAJAF? We answer the most common questions about where to volunteer, volunteering opportunities and what you can volunteer for.
- What is PAAJAF
- How do I volunteer
- What kind of time commitment is required?
- Where are the volunteer job openings listed?
- What type of volunteers or skills does PAAJAF require?
- What is the minimum age?
- Do I get a certificate?
- Will PAAJAF provide a job reference?
FAQs for onsite volunteers in Ghana
- What is the cost of accommodation if I go to Ghana to volunteer?
- What is the accommodation like in Ghana
- What is the daily routine for a volunteer in Ghana?
- Do I need a visa to legally enter Ghana?
- How will PAAJAF help with my arrangements?
FAQs for fundraising volunteers
- How do I create a fundraising page through this website?
- How can I get the most out of my volunteering experience?
- How or where can I donate to this foundation?
- Can PAAJAF give me ideas for a personal fundraising campaign?
- How can I subscribe to your newsletter?
- Who can I contact in relation to an idea I have?
- Who is currently volunteering for this foundation?
What is the PAAJAF Foundation?
The acronym PAAJAF means “Providing Adolescents and Adults Jobs for Advancement in Future”.
PAAJAF helps vulnerable children, youth and women in Gbawe in rural Ghana to rise out of poverty.
We work to end poverty and illiteracy in Gbawe, through quality scholarship education, health services and community support.
How do I volunteer?
There are two ways you can volunteer at PAAJAF, which are online volunteering and onsite volunteering.
Where are the volunteer job openings listed?
What kind of time commitment is required?
For online volunteering, PAAJAF expect that our volunteers commit at least 2 hours a day or 10 hours a week.
What type of volunteers or skills does PAAJAF require?
The types of volunteers or skills required are listed on this website under the volunteer jobs. But we welcome any other skills and ideas that would be beneficial to help us in reaching out and implementing our vision and mission at PAAJAF.
What is the minimum age that is required to volunteer?
For online volunteering all are welcome. For on-site volunteering, an individual must be at least 18 years of age.
Do I get a certificate of appreciation at the end of my volunteering work?
Yes, Once a volunteer’s work has ended, the PAAJAF Foundation will issue an electronic certificate of appreciation to you. The Certificate is issued for any form of volunteering work at PAAJAF.
- Bronze for achieving 50 hours volunteering
- Silver for achieving 100 hours volunteering
- Gold for achieving 200 hours volunteering
- Platinum for achieving 350 hours volunteering
Will the foundation provide a job reference for me while I am volunteering or at the end of my volunteering role?
Yes, PAAJAF will provide a reference on request and based on commitment level.
FAQs for onsite volunteers in Ghana
What is the cost of accommodation if I go to Ghana to volunteer?
The cost of your volunteer placement will depend on the length of your stay and your accommodation preference. However, below is a general break-down of the costs.
Volunteers may incur the following costs:
- Airport pick-up and drop-off ( $70)
- PAAJAF staff T-Shirt ($15)
- Orientation tour of Accra (Independence Square, National Theater etc.) ($100)
Volunteers can choose their accommodation preferences, and the volunteer fee will be paid accordingly.
- One night cost of living with host family (room with bed, utility bills, use of bathroom and common space) ($7)
- Food with host family (both breakfast and dinner) ($7)
The hotel, Citizen Kwasi Hotel, is located in the Gbawe community, in walking distance from the PAAJAF base and many schools. It has been selected upon suggestion of a project visitor from the UK.
One night – room with fan, running water, double bed, desk, generator, TV, fridge ($15)
One night – room with fan, AC, running water, double bed, desk, generator, TV, fridge – ($20)
We can also organize a day or overnight trip for you to Kakum National Park and Cape Coast castle and other tourist areas. The cost of this can be discussed upon arrival.
What is the accommodation like in Ghana?
To gain insight into the way of life and culture in Ghana, volunteers are normally placed with host families. As a volunteer, you eat breakfast and an evening meal with the host family and sleep in one of the rooms in their home.
What is the daily routine for a volunteer in Ghana?
For on-site volunteering, it is expected that, you spend at least 4 hours a day or 20 hours a week on your volunteer work
Do I need a visa to legally enter Ghana?
This varies between countries. Contact the Ghanaian Embassy or High Commission in your country to get information on visa requirements.
On arrival in Ghana you will receive a customs stamp indicating the expiration date of your current Ghanaian visa (normally one to two months). Visa renewals are handled at the local Ghana Immigration office, and require two passport size pictures per application. PAAJAF Foundation will assist volunteers in extending their stay if required.
How will PAAJAF help with my arrangements?
PAAJAF Foundation is here to support you. The Foundation will secure your placement, arrange your lodging, provide necessary advice and do everything possible to help make sure your experience is a rewarding one.
FAQs for fundraising volunteers
How do I create a fundraising page through this website?
First, you have to register and sign-up by applying to volunteer at PAAJAF. Then, you can get started by clicking here. You can create a fundraising campaign as follows:
- Creating a campaign for child or a project
- Creating a campaign for your volunteer living expenses in Ghana and flight
How can I get the most out of my volunteering experience?
The volunteer experience will give back as much as you put in. Here are some helpful suggestions to maximize the benefits of your stay:
- Come with eagerness, an open mind and a flexible attitude
- Bring additional materials or donated funds so you can kick start innovative and engaging projects
- Be patient and willing to listen and learn. Enthusiasm goes a long way!
How or where can I donate to this foundation?
PAAJAF accepts donations Online, Bank Transfer, cheque or through our project partner- GlobalGiving. Any amount of donation is welcome (from $1 upwards):
1 Online Giving: secure payment with PayPal, Credit Cards and GlobalGiving our project partner
2 Bank Wire/Transfer: You can send donations to our Bank Account:
Account Name: Paajaf Foundation
Account Number: 0073074429778101
Bank Name: EcoBank Ghana Ltd
Branch: McCarthy Hill
Swift Code: ECOCGHAC
3 Cheque Payment: You can issue a cheque in the name of PAAJAF Foundation to the organization’s postal address and drop us email, chat or call:
Post Address: Paajaf Foundation
P.O. Box ML 657
Tel: +233 243 703 420
Can PAAJAF give me ideas for a personal fundraising campaign?
Yes, you can find some fundraising ideas here.
How can I subscribe to your newsletter?
There is a small form box on the footer of every page. Please provide your email and we will send you our newsletter.
Who can I contact in relation to an idea I have that may help the foundation?
If you have any ideas that can help our organisation, please send it to [email protected]
Who is currently volunteering for this foundation?
Our current volunteer team members are listed under Our People.