PAAJAF Foundation is looking for a volunteer to represent the organisation in the USA, Canada, UK, Australia, Germany, Spain, France, Netherlands, etc. We are looking for volunteers in all of the developed countries to serve as our Ambassadors. It is an unpaid task.
What is expected from you as a country representative?
You are expected to initiate communications, liaison to help PAAJAF to find partners, Volunteers who are interested to visit Ghana to give a help hand on our projects also those interested to help online on fundraising, promotion and collection of goods for the PAAJAF project.
- Create and provide a local point of contact for supporter groups and creation of supporters group in your country.
- Help to encourage and motivate supporter groups through organizing activities to raise fund and advocate supporting PAAJAF’s projects or a child in Ghana.
- Select a project or child/children that you or your group are passionate about and would like to fund raise or advocate to support.
- Help to find partners
- Recruiting volunteers and supporters in your area
- Collect goods in kind and ship to PAAJAF
- Give updates about your group activities and plans
- Fundraise for PAAJAF
- You will set your campaign page on our PAAJAF website
- Provide Report to the Leadership
The Background and Objective
Gbawe is a village close to Accra, Ghana – a struggling community facing an unemployment rate of nearly 50%, largely due to lack of education, literacy and the basic skills required to attain employment. We believe that education is the tool to empower these communities by helping children develop skills that will alleviate poverty, and encourage upward mobility. A helping hand does not only impact the life of one child, but creates a domino effect that impacts future generations.
PAAJAF currently has a number of children enrolled in the education program; Coming from underprivileged families, these children cannot afford to remain in the program unless we find new sponsors to continue funding their education. Be a part of our vision to educate our children, improve literacy rates, and help build a prosperous future for Gbawe.
Our scholarship school and other projects are in need of resources to keep them open. Our school is in a rented premises of which the rent is too expensive afford. We need help of volunteers, partners and donors to help build a scholarship school for the orphans and and other underprivileged children in our community also to keep our other projects open.
Who can be PAAJAF’s Ambassador/Representative? This opportunity is open to all who have the following features:
Values: Feels a (compulsion) to give to others less fortunate than his/herself. Is very aware of his/her relatively privileged life, and personally feels global suffering. Will be influenced by personal, emotional appeals, but will make the decision based on financial logic.
Is searching for meaning and purpose in life. Needs to be part of movement that’s bigger than his/herself.
Beliefs: She/He CAN make a difference, and she/he should.
Desires: To feel she/he’s doing something unique, intelligent and world-changing.
- Able to motivate, support and encourage others
- A great communicator
- Creative, innovative and open-minded
- A sense of humor!
- Access to email and the internet is preferable
- No age limit, children/ a child will need to have adult lead hand to coordinate activities
- Family representative is also welcome
- We request a minimum of six months commitment to the role.
- PAAJAF gives you an incredible opportunity to change the world. You will change the lives of vulnerable children youth and women in rural Ghana.
- By volunteering your time and talents, you will be part of something extraordinary: a movement to end poverty and illiteracy in Ghana.
- You will be part of a global team, a community of like-minded spirits who believe in social change, and who believe everyone deserves the opportunity to thrive.
- You will receive a letter of appreciation from PAAJAF Foundation upon completion of the task in PDF format.
- We will endorse you of any recommendation you will need base on your volunteer commitment